Saturday, June 24, 2006

About



"Memory... is the diary that we all carry about with us."—Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest


I Miss My Childhood is a blog about childhood and all of the unique memories and stories connected to an individual's experience. What once began as a personal endeavor in June 2006, expanded to feature contributions from fellow bloggers/writers of varying ages, backgrounds and nationalities (Canada, the United States, the Netherlands and England).

As I document some of my earliest moments, I hope you will be transported back to your childhood and relive some of your most treasured times. Childhood is not always filled with happy experiences but any joy that can be experienced is worth holding on to.

Have a Memory to Share? Readers are always welcome to share their childhood pics and stories. Send an email for more information.

Remember to browse through the archives. This blog has a lovely repository of memories, written with affection and humour. Welcome and I hope you enjoy your visit!

"A childhood is what anyone wants to remember of it."—Carol Shields



With many good wishes...

 



Chelly is the creator/contributing editor of I Miss My Childhood. She hails from Toronto, Canada. She's a Peanuts obsessed (the Charlie Brown kind, not the Mr. Planter variety although she finds the latter in moderation rather enjoyable), mystery novel loving, retro enthusiast. Childhood for her was family, make-believe and storytelling. You can read more about her here or here. View her profile, read her posts or view vintage photos.

This blog is dedicated to her hero and the love of her life, her beloved mother, Susee Mable, in loving memory. 

9 comments:

  1. This is such a great site! Sometimes I get an overwhelming sense of nostalgia thinking of growing up in the 70s, how much I loved the TV shows, the holiday specials, our cars, the simple way we lived - all of it! I felt so cheered knowing I am definitely not the only one!! THANKS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers Rachel! What a lovely comment. You definitely are not alone, and can reminisce with us anytime! :) Growing up in the 70s was unique for so many reasons. Good to know so many of us feel the same way about it.

    Thanks so much for the comment and for visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just discovered your blog when I googled the 20 minute workout!LOL!
    I Love your Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Coca Mia: Thank you so much! Ah, who could forget the 20 Minute Workout--leg warmers and all! :) It's so nice that you could drop by. Visit us anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Benita4/28/2010

    Just stubbled on to this blog, fact just starting my addiction to blogging. Glad ours was the 'next blog' in line from mine! I truely have enjoyed walking down memorylane! Will be back to visit again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much Benita! :) So happy you could spend some time with us. Till next time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi,

    I noticed a post in your blog about Wendy Richard at:

    http://imissmychildhood.blogspot.com/search/label/are%20you%20being%20served

    I would love to use the picture of Wendy you have with your permission on my site. Please let me know either way and if so, how you would like it credited.

    I run an official "Are You Being Served?" site at:

    http://www.aybscentral.com

    There are a lot of images and info pertaining to all the cast members.

    There is also a lot of other stuff for the AYBS fan including a blog, forum and an online role playing game.

    Enjoy!

    Elina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Elina! Of course you can use the pic of Wendy. I believe the source for the pic was The Guardian. You don't need to credit me as I found it on their site myself. :)

    PS: awesome site you have. I love AYBS. Will visit often. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks. Glad you like the site! :-)

    Elina

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting "I Miss My Childhood". Join in the fun and leave a comment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails