Sunday, June 25, 2006

Climb the Ladder with You



When you hear this theme song you can't help but be transported into a magical world that exists opposite a leaning ladder, over a wall in a small English town. Perhaps you'll be climbing that ladder with Simon just to catch a glimpse of Henry, his chalk mate. I always wanted to hang out with the chalk people, there's something so wonderfully eccentric about them (perhaps it's the chalk). Simon's neighbourhood in itself (all magical lands aside) looked cosy and apt for exploration. At any rate, when you revisit these lyrics you'll be taken back and it'll feel good:
Well you know my name is Simon,
and the things I draw come true,
Oh the pictures take me, take me over,
Climb the ladder with you.

Well you know my name is Simon,
and the things I draw come true,
Oh the pictures take me, take me over,
Climb the ladder with you.

Episode guide and screencaps (fansite)
Theme Song
Simon on Wikipedia



Images: simontdd

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11/18/2016

    Love this cartoon. I loved it as a child of the 80's and just watched a bunch of the episodes on YouTube with my 8 year old daughter. Now, re-watching this sooo many years later makes me think... interpreting the theme song... "pictures take me over" is probably a reference to drugs and "climbing the ladder" is probably a reference to getting high AF. Got to love adult cartoon makers of the 70's.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting "I Miss My Childhood". Join in the fun and leave a comment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails