Saturday, June 24, 2006

Pangs




Lord, I would pour over this version of Cinderella (Disney's Wonderful World of Reading) when I was four, as if it was the Holy Grail itself. Handled with care, it went everywhere with me. Knowing that the bullied child had the last laugh and was not forgotten: provided hope. It was and still remains a beautifully illustrated piece of escapism, even though life has taken most of its idealistic magic away. It (gulp) takes me back to a place that I've never quite forgotten. Sigh, I can still remember the scent of the covers.

Pangs.

2 comments:

  1. I remember these Disney Books. My mom ordered them for me and every week or so one one come in the mail. I even had the stand for the books. It was blue. Can still see it in my mind clear as day. Wow, thats a throwback! gotta love Disney!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so much fun when the books arrived, wasn't it? I should have updated that post to include the pic of the blue stand we had in our home. You can use this link:

    http://imissmychildhood.blogspot.com/2006/06/wonderful-world-of-reading.html

    There are more posts on Disney's Wonderful World of Reading here:

    http://imissmychildhood.blogspot.com/search/label/Wonderful%20World%20of%20Reading

    Thanks so much for the great comments! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting "I Miss My Childhood". Join in the fun and leave a comment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails