Saturday, July 01, 2006

Days with Frog and Toad



I love children's books that actually speak about real emotions without denying them or glossing them over. "Days with Frog and Toad" reflects upon friendship and loneliness: Frog was the taller, laid back fellow while Toad was the shorter and more serious of the two amphibian chums. The tale has beautifully poetic and philosophical feel akin to that found in the works of Charles M. Schultz. I read and reread this book throughout my childhood. Every word and image gave hope in times of loneliness. And when you're a child, that's more often than not.



Click here for an update on the world of Frog and Toad!

2 comments:

  1. frog and toad ruled my life in the 70's....so did......peanuts holiday specials....happy days...land of the lost...lost in space.......freakies cereal......jimmy carter....school house rock......leave it to beaver.....rifleman.......halloween holiday......my pal doug {1970--1993}.............

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hear, hear! Now those are awesome choices Allan! I don't remember Freakies Cereal though. I'll have to look it up. Charles M. Schulz was just a genius pure and simple.

    Thanks for visiting! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting "I Miss My Childhood". Join in the fun and leave a comment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails