Saturday, July 22, 2006

Little Audrey


Whereas "TV Ontario" was a literal gold mine of cartoons for kids in Ontario, "WUTV" from Buffalo was its American counterpart in animated goodness. We were lucky enough to obtain the American feed on our television: in other words hours of pure delight. Among its offerings, WUTV used to air "Casper the Friendly Ghost" cartoons each afternoon and every now and then, they'd throw in a "Little Audrey" feature. It was such a treat. I loved her voice and curiosity. She wasn't always the brightest little girl but she had some cool adventures (personally, they helped take my mind off of daily stresses and breathing difficulties). I vividly remember sitting on the couch with a blanket and a pillow, in eager anticipation, once I heard the opening notes of the theme music.

If you've forgotten what "Little Audrey" was like, you can watch a couple of vintage episodes here or read some of her comic book adventures here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting "I Miss My Childhood". Join in the fun and leave a comment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails