Friday, August 04, 2006

Hopscotch


Let it be known that I participated in some fierce Hopscotch matches during elementary school. It rather surprised my classmates, as I was abysmal at sports back then. Yes in my world, Hopscotch was a "sport" as was Orange Crush (a ball game of which I will soon post about). It's hard to believe that such a game could have moments of intense excitement (making huge, impossible jumps) and crushing blows (tripping over one's own feet). Also, finding a rock of good quality (translation one that was unique and bigger than everyone else's) with which to mark one's spot was exciting indeed. But then again at the end of the day, the size of one's rock didn't matter as much as whipping snooty arsed mates with a sweet victory.

Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting "I Miss My Childhood". Join in the fun and leave a comment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails