Monday, August 07, 2006

The Littlest Hobo



Hands up if you ever cried during the closing credits of The Littlest Hobo.

I suspect we're all guilty of doing so. Just the other day, I caught an episode on CTV and nearly wept. It took me right back to 1980. The Littlest Hobo was a popular Canadian television series about a kind-hearted German shepard who travelled from town to town providing assistance and hope to down-trodden individuals. Each episode found the lovely dog amid wild, crazy and sometimes dangerous adventures. Problems were always solved by his kind manner and sharp intelligence. Though he met many potential families, "Hobo" never actually stayed with the adoring strangers, preferring instead to move on elsewhere...where more assistance could be provided. Looking back, some of the storylines and acting were ridiculously funny. "London" the dog, however, was always superb in his performances.

I managed to find a clip of the opening credits but sadly not the closing ones. The closing credits show "Hobo" walking on by himself (even amid abandoned train tracks) after having successfully completed one of his adventures. I remember thinking how horrible that he had no family to go to. The sad tone of the song didn't help either (nor did the train tracks). I'm pathetic, as I still feel this way. Watch the clip below and shed a tear or two.

2 comments:

  1. I also loved The Littlest Hobo.
    Coolest dog ever!

    My childhood friend Dorian Davis was in an episode. The one where the kids are playing in the backyard and a rabid raccoon tries to bite them. Of course The Littlest Hobo saved the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jody what I wouldn't have done to be on that show! I loved that dog. He broke my heart so many times. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting "I Miss My Childhood". Join in the fun and leave a comment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails