Thursday, October 05, 2006

Fame!

I wrote the following piece sometime ago when reflecting back to my childhood:

Whenever my brother and I hear the word “remember” being spoken (by others or by ourselves), we immediately and somewhat passionately retort with “Fame!” and generally have a strong impulse to leap up and perform pirouettes in midair. Anyone who has ever watched or listened to the starring theme song of that show (the whole program need not be watched) will truly understand why. Clearly, an example of preventable and detrimental childhood conditioning.


The following clip once again is for the coolest chick in Memphis, Aunt Jackie:

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the posting of this!! I just had to let you know when I thought of them so you could remember too... I just love the past. You know I have been stuck in 80s music alot lately... I'm planning on sharing a list of that on my blog soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you liked it! Hey I just left a comment on your blog, almost at the same time!! I love 80s music too.

    Have you heard of FineTune.com? You can get a player to put on your blog and include all of your favorites! It's really cool. You need to create an account first (it's free).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting "I Miss My Childhood". Join in the fun and leave a comment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails