Friday, October 06, 2006

Hangin' With Mr. Hooper



I always wanted to buy candy from Mr. Hooper's store. I knew it was a fictional store but still it seemed magical. The store clerks in my neighbourhood were never that nice. Remember when Mr. Hooper died? That was tough to watch back then but if I recall correctly the Sesame Street folks handled the episode with such class.



"Big Bird: Well, I can't wait till he sees it!

(silence)

Big Bird: Say, where is he? I wanna give it to him. I know! He's in the store.

Bob: Uh, Big Bird. He's ... he's not in there.

Big Bird: Oh. Then where is he?

Maria: Big Bird, uh, don't you remember we told you? Mr. Hooper died. He ... he's dead..."
Read more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting "I Miss My Childhood". Join in the fun and leave a comment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails