Monday, October 09, 2006

Harvest Time

It's Thanksgiving in Canada today (second Monday in October), so I thought it would be appropriate to share some of my favourite holiday cartoons with you! Ironically but not surprisingly, my favourite harvest specials were American. This of course meant that there would be two viewings of these specials every year, once in October and then again in November. Lovely!

As a child, I enjoyed watching Garfield's Thanksgiving. As far as holiday cartoons go, it's a far more subdued offering by comparison. There's just a nice, relaxed, family feel to it.




A holiday isn't truly a holiday for me unless I'm visited by some old pals:


Love the quote: "What did you expect a Turkey card?" Watch the clip below and enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. That's right! Happy Thanksgiving up there... I am sorry I neglected to think of your holiday yesterday! Our isn't until November... but this particular Cartoon is a favorite of mine. Last year, I bought a DVD set of Charlie Brown's Holiday favorites... it included the Great Pumpkin, Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter I think...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so sweet, thank you Jackie!! I have to get that DVD set too, sounds amazing. Your Thanksgiving is always in November and on a Thursday, right? So cool! Charlie Brown makes holidays better! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting "I Miss My Childhood". Join in the fun and leave a comment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails