Sunday, October 08, 2006

In Riverdale





I have so many Archie Comics stored away in boxes, that I can't even count. A huge part of my childhood (and adulthood) was spent reading them. Whether it be from the 80s, the 70s, the 60s or all the way back into the 40s, I love reading about the gang from Riverdale. I still do. It's a marvelous slice of Americana. The characters are so wonderfully and absurdly unreal (no matter how much you wish they weren't) which makes reading these tales one of the better escapes from daily life. I love how their homes are drawn. The little details in each cell. I love to see what Jughead is eating or what the girls are wearing. I realize that Archie isn't all that handsome but he's still a wee bit dreamy. Not Reggie though. Of course not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting "I Miss My Childhood". Join in the fun and leave a comment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails