Friday, October 20, 2006

Pocketful of Cereal

Frosted Flakes circa 1965 and 1974 respectively

When I was little I would often carry handfuls of Frosted Flakes cereal in a tissue in my pocket, for whenever I was hungry. I loved it so much that I couldn't believe it actually existed. And when my parents bought those multi-packs of cereal boxes (the tiny sized boxes) I was in heaven. It was so hard to choose the right cereal because there were so many good ones. Froot Loops was another that made me slightly giddy. I just had to have it.

Circa early 1960s

So it's easy to understand why I nearly hyperventilated when through my good pal Jody, I discovered the Cereal Box Archive. I had a hard time choosing which cereal to reminisce about.

Two cereals that I never had the opportunity of trying (but desperately wanted to) were Dinky Donuts and Cookie Crisp. I'm sure there are more but I can't recall them right now.

Cookie Crisp Circa 1979

All images via the Cereal Box Archive.

10 comments:

  1. I loved Fruit Loops and Cookie Crisp, which My sister always had at her house, but Mom always forced me to eat Raisin Bran at home, so when I got the sugar, of course, I went berzerk-hee hee!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Speaking of sugar I also loved Sugar Crisp! :)

    Jackie did Cookie Crisp taste like bite sized chocolate chip cookies (like I imagined) or were they like generic cookie copies?

    My mum forced me to eat Raisin Bran too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I remember it tasting like little bite sized choc chip cookies. It's a wonder that we kids escaped without the worst cases of diabetes. So far, i'm o.k., although it does run in my family. I try hard to do well nowdays though... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just had to say i just found this blog and I really really enjoyed reading it! Thanks a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much Lee! So nice to have you here!! Come back any time! Cheers :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jackie, I try to be good with my breakfast cereals too but everynow and then a froot loop (or cocoa puff) slips into my menu. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am Aunt Jackie's sister. We also had the breakfast of champions at our house..... POP TARTS (all flavors)!!!!
    Now I know why Jackie liked coming to our house...the truth shall set you free little sis <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Nana! Welcome! So Aunt Jackie loved pop tarts eh? Such a wise girl. I love them too. :) Right now I have the Smores pop tarts at home. Sometimes you just need a sugar kick in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I buy those when the Grandchildren come over. Have you tried the Cookie Dough flavor yet? Hey I might need to have the one of the gkids over this week end....! Love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Nana!

    No I haven't tried the cookie dough flavor and do I ever want to try it! I didn't know they came in cookie dough too. I'll bet your grandkids have a blast at your place!

    Thank you so much for the kind words Nana. Your blog is lovely too. So many nice pics of your family and so many lovely stories. Very touching. I will be sure to visit often. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting "I Miss My Childhood". Join in the fun and leave a comment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails