Sunday, December 03, 2006

The Polar Express




I recently watched the Polar Express, two years after it's release mind you but I loved it to bits nonetheless. I suspect that doesn't come as a big surprise given my love for Christmas and childhood. The animated feature was based on a book written by Chris Van Allsburg in 1985. I never read it back then but will most definitely return to it now. I love the innocence and sadness of some of the characters and how the most unlikely group of kids stick together. The story doesn't take long to begin, it gently creeps up on you until you are sucked in and can't look back. In a nutshell, the film is about having beliefs despite all the skepticsm that abounds as we grow up. It's also about the personal journeys we take as children in order to figure out who we really are. Some of us find that bit of information early on while others overlook it or continue the struggle. It's an interesting look at childhood, a haunting one too.




Watch the trailer:



1 comment:

  1. I own this on DVD... It is absolutely beautiful... Great movie!! Thanks for reminding me, I need to bring it out and watch it :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting "I Miss My Childhood". Join in the fun and leave a comment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails