Tuesday, January 30, 2007

7 Glynview Avenue

It's 1951, I'm two years old and I'm not happy. I'm screaming and shouting for my mum and she's not coming to get me. My older sister Pat and mum and Rory the cat are in the back room. They're seeing it all, and I'm missing all the excitement.

I'm sitting on a potty in the front room. I have to stay there till I do something.

There's a lot of noise , Rory has found a mouse and is chasing it round the room. My mum is chasing Rory with a broom.

The mouse runs into the front room and I stand up. The potty sticks to my bum, then falls to the floor dumping the contents everywhere.

The mouse escapes through the front door.

My earliest memory.

5 comments:

  1. It must be a childhood thing: the most exciting things happen only when you're seated on the potty, and not in any position to move. But you got around that! :)

    Sweet story Brian. Welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose. (The more things change, the more they stay the same). Eh, Brian?

    *laffs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember rattling the bars.

    And a beachball.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting memory, and interesting that it's the one that stuck with you. So to speak. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's absolutely adorable... I'll have to think on my earliest memory... it's hard!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting "I Miss My Childhood". Join in the fun and leave a comment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails