Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Friday Night Videos

Friday Night Videos came on from like 1983 through 1987, and when my nieces and I were in our pre-teens (like 11, 12, 13ish...) and If they spent the weekend with me, I would try to keep them awake late enough to watch them--I was a night owl, they were sleepyheads, so it usually ended with me angry that they 'konked out' on me.

However, FNV had a good run and played some really wonderful videos... music that still brings back a lot of memories for me, such as David Bowie, Duran Duran, Big Country, The Eurythmics, Van Halen and all the 80s video greats. Even Michael Jackson back in his hay day with "Billie Jean" (pictured here).

It's so sad to think how those times are gone, but I feel lucky to have been there... I so miss my childhood :)

8 comments:

  1. The music and vids from the eighties were incredible. I guess that's when videos were just starting to take off. I always get a lump in my throat when I hear Duran Duran, Eurythmics etc. Middle school flashbacks.

    I liked Billie Jean back then too! Hee hee!

    Remember "Word Up!" by Cameo? I have an uncle who looks just like him. LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Word up!! Yes!! LOL, Uncle Cameo huh?? Alot of 80s music was sucky, but i'm a sucker for the sucky! :)
    Especially alot of New Wave...

    I got scared when I saw the comment, I thought I was going to be mistaken for Ru Paul ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A hot southern mama such as yourself, mistaken for RuPaul? Never!


    PS: Word Up Aunt Jackie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember Friday Night videos. I also remember an afternoon show on Public Television called Color Sounds. It was on from 83-86 or so. They would show current videos, but highlight certain world to emphasize something like adverbs or adjectives. They showed a lot of pop, but also stuff like Van halen, Ratt and Twisted Sister. I didn't have MTV so I watched videos whereever I could get them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Same here Mark! I didn't have MTV, or any cable... my sister had it at her house, so when I visited there--I really dug into the MTV!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Word Up Chelly!!! lol And if that doesn't work, we can always turn to Funky Cold Medina!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chelly remember the costume Cameo wore in the video "Word Up"..It made him look he had chicken legs!!!!! Nana (o;

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nana, oh my goodness, I almost forgot the costume he wore! How could I forget those chicken legs! hee hee :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting "I Miss My Childhood". Join in the fun and leave a comment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails