Sunday, February 11, 2007

lemonade and mustard

My sister Pat is three years older than me and I love her dearly. When we were kids I hated her as much as she hated me. We fought over everything, and Pat, being a girl and older than me invariably won.

Once a week mum bought two bottles of lemonade, one for each of us. When it was gone, it was gone and there’d be no more till the following week.

One day Pat came in from the kitchen and offered me a fig roll biscuit. She knew I loved them (and still do) and I took it and stuffed the whole thing straight into my mouth. As soon as I started chewing it I realised it was filled with mustard and spat it out. My sister of course had carefully scooped out the fig and refilled it with the mustard.

I spent the next couple of days trying to think of a suitable revenge. Eventually I decided to do something to her bottle of lemonade. My own bottle was still nearly full and Pat’s was nearly empty. I sneaked into her room and put bits of soap into her lemonade.

As soon as she tasted it she knew it was me who’d done it and went straight to mum.

Mum of course gave me a clip round the ear, and worse than that gave my bottle of lemonade to Pat.

I was gutted.

3 comments:

  1. Ouch! That must have been painful, not the clip round the ear but having to give up your lemonade.

    Did she get in trouble for filling the fig roll with mustard?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, Girls always get away with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny story. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting "I Miss My Childhood". Join in the fun and leave a comment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails