Monday, February 19, 2007

My Old Chair

19Feb2007 001 With all the posts here about old toys, I got to thinking about what I have here that's really, really old, and I remembered I have this folding chair that I've had since I was 2 or 3, which means it's approximately 50 years old. It's pretty worn, and the metal is tarnished, but it still folds and unfolds fairly easily. I loved sitting in it and kept sitting on it til I was just too big and then some. I don't know what fascination this chair held for me -- maybe I liked that it folded! -- but I'm sure glad I was able to save it from being given away by my parents, who while packrats like me, did clean things out now and then, as do I. But it's nice to have some pieces of childhood to hold and cherish.

The hula hoop is a small one used on arm or leg. I never had good enough balance to use it on my ankle, but I could work it on my wrist to elbow and back well enough. I even tried it out last night. Not bad. And I was able to make it return to me across the kitchen floor. Nice to know I haven't lost my touch! I had a big, red hula hoop, too, growing up, to spin around my waist, but it was too big to stuff in my closet, so it's long gone.

2 comments:

  1. I used to love my high chair. I loved it to bits.

    And hula hoops! Man, those were fun. I had an orangey-peach coloured one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It doesn't show in the photo, but that hula hoop is beaten to death. The plastic is rough and worn along the entire rim. It was much used and loved.

    Funny how we can fixate on chairs. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting "I Miss My Childhood". Join in the fun and leave a comment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails