Thursday, February 01, 2007

Stop Him When He's Passing By

Remember the Ice-cream man? When we were kids, I would always love to visit my older sister Vickie's house. After all, she had Cable T.V., and would let me eat some of the stuff my Mom wouldn't :) I loved spending time at her house as a child, especially since her daughters (my neices) were only a year and 2 years younger than me.

The three of us had so many fun adventures. I'll have to blog some of our childhood magic. Tonight, I simply remember a hot summer day, hearing the bell of the Ice Cream truck and running out with our scraped up, spare change to buy treats to cool us off... Simple, sweet and satisfying... Childhood and Icecream!

"You scream, I Scream, We All Scream for Ice Cream!"

3 comments:

  1. "running out with our scraped up, spare change to buy treats to cool us off"

    I remember that so fondly. As soon as you heard the chimes from those white trucks in the neighbourhood, it was like conditioning...you had to make a mad dash for your change purse and then to catch the truck, even if it seemed impossible!

    I still get excited when I see those guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still have a Pavlovian response to the sound of the ice cream truck jingle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had Bungalow Bar and then Good Humor. The Bungalow Bar trucks had little bungalow roofs on them. And they sold the most amazing chocolate fudgsicles. Now we have Mr. Softee.

    But when I was growing up, we had more than ice cream trucks. We had home delivery of soda and milk and there was the guy who came for a few years to sharpen knives. And of course, the most fun were the amusement park rides in a truck. There was a ferris wheel and a couple of trucks had rides called the whip (one was oval and one was a circle).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting "I Miss My Childhood". Join in the fun and leave a comment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails