Friday, February 16, 2007

A train journey

It's 1982, or possibly 1983.
I'm on a train with my Dad and my sister Stephanie, and we're travelling north to catch a ferry over to Northern Ireland to see Dad's family, including his grandfather, who's 90 years old. The train's seats are upholstered in a nasty check pattern. I'm busy with crayons, colouring in a Victoria Plum picture book. By the time we come back from Northern Ireland, Victoria Plum will have been replaced by Strawberry Shortcake and Friends, after Dad's cousin Colette gives Stephanie and I miniature dolls.

Not my earliest memory, but a memorable one.

1 comment:

  1. Sweet! I remember Strawberry Shortcake and Friends very well. I had a Blueberry Muffin doll around the same time, and loved it to bits. I'm not familiar with Victoria Plum though. I'll have to look her up. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting "I Miss My Childhood". Join in the fun and leave a comment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails