Sunday, March 04, 2007

Work

I work in a University, something I never would have thought of doing as a kid. Growing up, I went through phases of wanting to be everything from an air traffic controller to a toy shop owner. All the changing ideas tend to blur into one.

However, I very clearly remember the first thing I decided I wanted to do when I grew up. Fueled by the old tractor we could climb over in the town park, and excited viewings of Superman 3, I knew what I was going to be - I was going to drive a combine harvester. And let's face it, who wouldn't want to get in touch with their destructive side every day and get paid for it?

5 comments:

  1. I agree, that would be a lovely way to make a living. :)

    Those Superman films inspired alot of creativity for kids back then. I knew a kid who jumped off his roof, hoping he could fly. He didn't, just broke a few bones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh, that reminds me of that film, The Boy Who Could Fly, with the rather cutesome Jay Underwood. I watched that several times when I was younger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Growing up in Kansas, I helped with harvest a few times. It was the only way you could drive at 14 ;)

    Out of all the skills life has given me, I'm still proudest of the fact I can tap a keg in the back of a moving pickup truck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elaine: Jay Underwood! I remember him, I too thought he was cute. But River Phoenix was my favorite eighties teen actor.

    Puglet: I always wanted to grow up on a farm when I was a kid. Tapping a keg in the back of a pick up truck--that's just cool. Bravo!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw Superman 3 in the theater. I remember it being pretty bad though.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting "I Miss My Childhood". Join in the fun and leave a comment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails