Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Sleep Well Uncle Bobby


Many thanks to Steve Cichon for this beautiful image.
Watching Uncle Bobby on CFTO...that's my childhood right there.



1924-2007
This hurts.

Bobby Ash, the English born entertainer, affectionately known to legions of children as Uncle Bobby, passed away Sunday, May 20, 2007 after suffering a heart attack.

The Uncle Bobby Show first premiered on Toronto's CFTO station in 1964 and was later broadcast across Canada and in bordering U.S cities. If you watched the Uncle Bobby Show religiously, like I did, then it's difficult to express how unique and entertaining his show was to a kid. I haven't been able to find any clips for you to view but a good place to start would be to visit the Uncle Bobby Show Page for a look back.

My favourite memory was of Bimbo the Birthday Clown. What was yours?




Thanks to "anonymous" who shared this news with me on my personal blog.



Images via: CTV, Steve Cichon's Staff Announcer and Wikipedia

2 comments:

  1. I read it here first!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someone left me a message and told me about it. I didn't even know prior to that.

    Sad news. :(

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting "I Miss My Childhood". Join in the fun and leave a comment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails