Saturday, October 06, 2007

My Buddy: "The Lamer Version"

Thanks to a YouTube user we can once again enjoy this deliciously nauseating yet somehow addictive advert from the 80s. We never had a My Buddy doll in our home but the commercials were stuff of legend. You've got to see and hear to believe. They're cute dolls no doubt but the attraction I think is more so for the common revulsion and intrigue of the jingle. My brother's friend would yell at kids who'd annoy him to: "go play with your My Buddy doll!". And many a time we would hear kids singing this song in our middle school hallway. It was infectious.

They didn't exactly attain a revered status in my neighborhood and yet I look back at them with affection. Funny, that.


3 comments:

  1. I can definitely agree with you on that. Definitely catchy. I can still remember the tune. I relived my memories here. Pretty good site for those hard to find memories.
    http://www.x-entertainment.com/downloads/
    Oh and yeah my neighbor had one of those.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow!! I remember this!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. k_tigress: wow, thanks so much for the link. I love that site!

    AJ: It's hard to forget "My Buddy". PS: I love your new profile pic Jax!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting "I Miss My Childhood". Join in the fun and leave a comment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails