Friday, October 19, 2007

To Pop Or Not To Pop...


I received this album for my 7th birthday from my Dad. I must have played it a million times.
It's the only Mini Pops album I ever owned and boy, do I wish I still had it.
Although, I don't think the humans I live with now would appreciate that.

Look at how action packed this compilation was!

Side One

Video Killed The Radio Star - The Buggles

MEDLEY:
Japanese Boy - Aneka
Morning Train (9 to 5) - Sheena Easton
My Guy - Mary Wells
My Boy Lollipop - Millie Small
Japanese Boy (reprise)

ABBA MEDLEY:
Gimme, Gimme, Gimme
Knowing Me, Knowing You
Super Trouper
Money, Money, Money
Mamma Mia
S.O.S.
Waterloo
Dancing Queen

DISCO MEDLEY:
D.I.S.C.O. - Ottawan
Y.M.C.A. - The Village People
In The Navy - The Village People
Go West - The Village People
Celebration - Kool and the Gang
Happy Birthday - Stevie Wonder
Una Paloma Blanca
Brown Girl In The Ring - Boney M
Daddy Cool - Boney M
Swinging On A Star
Loop De Loop

Birdie Song - The Tweets

Side Two

Stupid Cupid - Connie Francis

NOVELTY MEDLEY:
Green Door - Shakin' Stevens
Turning Japanese - The Vapors
Baggy Trousers - Madness
Stop The Cavalry - Jona Lewie
You Drive Me Crazy - Shakin' Stevens
There's A Guy Works Down The Chip Shop - Kirsty MacColl

ROCK 'N' ROLL MEDLEY:
Under The Moon Of Love - Showaddywaddy
When - Shakin' Stevens
This Ole House - Shakin' Stevens
Rip It Up - Little Richard
Hound Dog - Elvis Presley
Rock Around The Clock - Bill Haley and The Comets

BLONDIE MEDLEY:
Call Me
Sunday Girl
Denis, Denis

I'm goona knock on your door - Eddie Hodges

Can Can - Bad Manners

I've got to get my hands on a copy.
Ebay, here I come.

1 comment:

  1. I can't tell you how badly I wanted a Mini-pops album when I was little. Remember those commercials? Thanks for the memories Jody, totally takes me back! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting "I Miss My Childhood". Join in the fun and leave a comment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails