Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Chinese Checkers

IMG_0404

One of my favorite games when I was growing up was Chinese Checkers. We had this set for as long as I can remember and I don't know if my parents got it after they got married in 1950 or one of them had it before then. I do know that it must be at least 45 years olds. The cardboard box is frayed and the metal is a bit rusty in places. A few marbles are missing, too, mostly in the blues.

Not only did I love playing the game, I also loved playing with the game. I loved the sound of the marbles rolling around on the metal game board and the sound they made bumping into each other in their little cubby holes. The metal tab sticking out on the left is used to open and close the pockets where the marbles are stored.

2 comments:

  1. Love that photo Shelly! My mum used to play Chinese Checkers all the time with her father. It's a fond memory from her childhood.

    Thanks so much for these wonderful posts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you enjoyed it, Chelly. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting "I Miss My Childhood". Join in the fun and leave a comment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails