Tuesday, July 22, 2008

So Long, Estelle



Estelle Getty: July 25, 1923 - July 22, 2008

"The only comfort at this moment is that although Estelle has moved on, Sophia will always be with us."--Betty White.

"Estelle always wanted to be an actress, and she achieved that goal beyond her dreams. Don't feel sad about her passing. She will always be with us in her crowning achievement, Sophia."-- Rue McClanahan

"Our mother-daughter relationship was one of the greatest comic duos ever, and I will miss her."--Bea Arthur

"She was loved throughout the world in six continents, and if they loved sitcoms in Antarctica she would have been loved on seven continents. She was one of the most talented comedic actresses who ever lived."--Carl Gettleman (son)

4 comments:

  1. She was one of a kind wasn't she? Golden Girls was an awesome show, especially for an 80s sitcom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh she was a real character, wasn't she? Reminded my Italian neighbors not to mention one of my child hood's best friend's grand mom. She really did a great job acting her part.
    I heard she was feisty to the end.
    Now she's entertaining her friends up there at the cheese cake cafe, along with her friend the "where's the beef" lady. RIP Estelle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome comment K_Tigress! I forgot about the cheesecake thing. They always made me hungry whenever they brought out a fresh cheesecake for their gab sessions! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting "I Miss My Childhood". Join in the fun and leave a comment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails