Friday, August 01, 2008

MASH

I get a lump in my throat every time I hear the theme song ("Suicide is Painless") for MASH. It transports me back to second, third and fourth grade when my brother, father and I watched it religiously. I remember watching it on Saturday nights while waiting for mum to return home from work. The fact that she was a nurse made a show about doctors and nurses more meaningful to me. I have so many memories tied to the show (including a friend of mine saying that she had the "hots for Hawkeye"), so I wasn't surprised when I wept buckets during the last episode.


4 comments:

  1. God I love M*A*S*H! My Daddy and I watched it together all the time. Still do if it is on and we're around one another. :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jax. :)

    I'm not even sure when it's on right now. It's been awhile since I've seen it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chells, I know that in the U.S., it comes on "Hallmark" channel alot. You might catch it on T.V. Land channel.

    There is a website now, you can watch most t.v. shows online called http://www.fancast.com

    Hope that helps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you sweet AJ! That site sounds awesome. Hope it works in Canada! Fingers crossed :) I definitely will check it out. Cheers gal :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting "I Miss My Childhood". Join in the fun and leave a comment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails