Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Breezin': Theme from the Joyce Davidson Show



If I recall correctly, in the late 70s, The Joyce Davidson show (a Toronto talk show) was on every lunch time around 12:30, right after the Flintstones at noon. I often went home for lunch or was sick due to asthma, and thus was privy to this information. Many times, my mum left the talk show on as she hurried to finish her afternoon chores before leaving for work (other times we of course would tune into Y&R).

I don't remember very much about The Joyce Davidson Show, save for the memorable theme music: Breezin' by George Benson .

How I love that tune. It conjures up countless emotions and memories from that time. I can even see myself, sitting on the couch, pj's and all, watching the show.

Click here to listen to the theme or watch the clip below for a sampling of Ms. Davidson's show. The clip is from an episode which featured Bob Clampett, the animator who created Tweety Bird and Porky Pig. For part 2 of the clip, click here.

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous1/24/2012

    In real life, Joyce Davidson was NOT a nice lady. Glad that Alan Thicke took over her slot on CTV.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard that about her too! She had that vibe about her. I vaguely remember Alan Thicke's show.

    Thanks for your comment. Fun to chat about those times. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5/18/2012

    Some of my favourite times skippin school to watch that show Too bad you pulled the video, I would have liked to see a clip from my childhood(grade 6).

    Jose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jose, thanks for your comment. Unfortunately, the video was pulled by whoever uploaded it. I'd love to see it again too. I'll keep that on my list of things to look out for. Why were all the enjoyable tv shows on during the school hours? Cheers. :)

      Delete
  4. Anonymous8/07/2014

    I think The Joyce Davidson Show came on at 1:00PM. Uncle Bobby came on at noon, and the Flintstones, 12:30. Not that it matters, but ever since CFTO cancelled the Flintstones back in the early 90s, tv started to suck. Now all you have is the View, news, and that stupid Social which is enough to give anyone brain rot.
    "Joyce Davidson' s wardrobe furnished by Eaton's."
    heh. That takes me back...

    B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous9/25/2016

      that was the exact order

      Delete
  5. Wardrobe furnished by Eaton's...for the good reason that they were the TON in Baton Broadcasting (BAssett-eaTON)....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous7/20/2017

      Bassett and Eaton, Toronto's Family Compact of the 1960s.

      Delete

Thank you for visiting "I Miss My Childhood". Join in the fun and leave a comment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails