Tuesday, December 09, 2008

The Bear Who Slept Through Christmas


Ted E. Bear searches for Christmas

I'll have to dig this one up but somewhere in our family archives (a messy shelf in a back room) there's a photograph of my brother and I from a Christmas Eve in the late 70s. We're standing in front of an old TV set in our Toronto apartment, smiling away for the camera. Not an uncommon event for that time of year but what makes this picture memorable for me is the cartoon that's blaring away on the TV set.

The Bear Who Slept Through Christmas (1973) is a holiday classic with a cult following of devotees who fondly remember the misadventures of a little bear who steps out of hibernation to discover what Christmas is all about. And it's that very same bear, Mr. Ted E. Bear, that appeared on our TV set in that snapshot from that late 70s Christmas.

How I loved that cartoon. The photograph is my own visual account of that little known show being part of my childhood experience.

The cartoon was uploaded onto YouTube this year. The first part is posted below. Please follow these links to watch the second and third parts. Many thanks to the uploader.

Sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting "I Miss My Childhood". Join in the fun and leave a comment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails