Sunday, January 25, 2009

Watchin The Tube

Growing up, T.V. Was a huge part of the time I spent with my family. My Father just enjoyed so many shows (mainly comedies and westerns) that they'll live in my heart forever. We had so many laughs watching some of his old favorites.

Among these favorites is "M*A*S*H" (still so close to my heart), and then "Mama's Family" (clip shown below). Vicki Lawrence, Tim Conway, Carol Burnett, and others never fail to tip over our giggle boxes. :)



Since my Father's death, though, just a few days ago, I find myself reminiscing on all these T.V. shows that we used to watch, and smiling. I wish he was here now, we'd flip on "The Tube" and watch a marathon... R.I.P. Daddy. Miss you and miss my childhood. :)

2 comments:

  1. Bless you Jackie. That was a beautiful tribute to your darling daddy. Thank you so much for sharing those special memories with us. I got goosebumps reading it. He's in heaven smiling at you with such pride.

    I can't tell you how much I loved watching MASH. That theme song gets me every time. And Mama's Family was a favorite of ours too. My folks loved Carol Burnett and her crew to bits. They don't have shows like these anymore do they. It was just so different then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We actually had to play the theme from M*A*S*H in High School band once. It's terribly sad, it's entitled "Suicide Is Painless".

    Wow.

    Yes things have changed...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting "I Miss My Childhood". Join in the fun and leave a comment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails