Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

When I was a kid, Valentine's Day meant: cinnamon heart candy, watching and reading "Be My Valentine Charlie Brown" and exchanging those lovely old school valentines with my classmates. It was a grand time mixed in with a bit of childhood angst. Most things in childhood worked out that way didn't they?

So if you find yourself in a bit of a nostalgic mood today (among other things), do visit Hearts Atwirl, a lovely site featuring an impressive collection of vintage valentines. Or visit our archives for memories of Valentine's Days past. Have a good one!




2 comments:

  1. Lovely post about Val's day... I loved that my Dad always made sure it was special for us. He was the ultimate.

    Anyways, you KNOW I loved Peanuts... That made it special too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jackie. I've been thinking about you and your darling daddy. I can't imagine how tough it must be for you to deal with everything you're going through. His light is shining on you that's for sure. Here's to your daddy!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting "I Miss My Childhood". Join in the fun and leave a comment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails