Friday, March 06, 2009

Happy Birthday Toronto


image: family trip to the CN Tower circa late 70s

Our fine city turns 175 today.

Your hometown always feels the same no matter how time changes it or how often you leave and return. The photo above was taken by my dad in the late 70s on a family trip to Toronto's most famous landmark: the CN Tower. I was somewhere close by that window, cowering and holding on for dear life—standing 554.3 meters [1815 feet and 5 inches] above ground will do that to you.

2 comments:

  1. Woah, who can forget that sinking feeling like falling off the edge. We went on that thing in the early 80's and yikes it felt like my heart fell out of my body when I looked out those crazy windows and then looked down. I think I was in grade 2 at the time.

    But anyways, Happy Belated Birthday T.O :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt the same way! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting "I Miss My Childhood". Join in the fun and leave a comment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails