Saturday, April 25, 2009

So Long, Bea Arthur



Bea Arthur: May 13, 1922 - April 25, 2009

"I suddenly realized that comedy, for me, was just being honest, and playing it for real. I've seen so many wonderful actors who turn into creatures from another planet when they're told they are supposed to be playing comedy."

Rue McClanahan: "(Thirty-seven) years ago she showed me how to be very brave in playing comedy. I'll miss that courage. And I'll miss that voice."

Betty White: "I knew it would hurt, I just didn't know it would hurt this much. I'm so happy that she received her Lifetime Achievement Award while she was still with us, so she could appreciate that. Bea was such an important part of a very happy time in my life and I have dearly loved her for a very long time. How lucky I was to know her."

So long, lovely Bea. Send our love to Estelle.

6 comments:

  1. I like you concept of using multiple contributors to revisit childhood memories. Unique and interesting concept! Would you consider adding it (for free) to the "Best Blogs of the GTA" directory:

    http://www.torontocitylife.com/blogs/

    Cheers,
    Patrick

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the kind words and for inviting IMMC to be added into your directory. I've just done so. Cheers :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very sad. I loved all of her comedy. Great post Chells.

    Also, Wow thanks torontocitylife! Great honor for the Childhood gang!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh these women, how I loved the Golden Girls and the comedy they each brought in their own careers. Bea like Estelle will be so missed. Thank you for remembering them. I've just begun reading your blog but enjoy all you are putting together. We all live separate lives but it's incredible how so much of it has the same stuff. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much Mandy!

    It's so true how much we all share in common. It never ceases to amaze.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting "I Miss My Childhood". Join in the fun and leave a comment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails