Friday, July 10, 2009

Jacob's Ladder

Jacob's Ladder

One of my favorite toys growing up was a Jacob's Ladder. I had no idea it was called that -- I learned what it was many years later -- but it was made of pink and black plastic rectangles and I don't recall what was used to tie the rectangles in place. I loved making it run up and down. It, along with my Slinky, could keep me entertained for quite a while.

I wish I had that Jacob's Ladder now. It and my old metal Slinky are long gone, though a number of years ago I did buy a metal Slinky that's almost the same. But the plastic Jacob's Ladder has eluded me. I think this one, made in China out of covered cardboard perhaps and ribbon is a very colorful and fun substitute. Every so often, I pull it out of the display cabinet and play with it and for a few minutes, I'm a kid again.

3 comments:

  1. The beauty of toys: they can transport you back instantly, no matter what age you are.

    Jacob's Ladder sounds like fun. Your photo sets are lovely Shelly.

    I miss my old metal Slinky too. It was pure bliss playing with it. And I could literally play with it for hours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Chelly. I hadn't seen this comment.

    I wish more people would post, and I know I don't post as often as I used to. This is still a fun blog, and we need to keep it going. So many memories are packed in here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, thank you so much for saying that Shelly. :) And thank you for all of your posts — they truly are gems. I wish the others would post too but am delighted that you and Jackie continue to regularly share your memories. We'll definitely keep this blog going. If you know of anyone else who'd like to join us by all means let me know. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting "I Miss My Childhood". Join in the fun and leave a comment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails