Saturday, September 05, 2009

Early Artwork

I was going through stuff in my closet and found the large envelope of artwork I'd done that my mother had saved. I thought I'd share some of them here.

This was done when I was 8 (1961)



This was made a year later. I don't recall where, but somewhere where they had those big drum thingies that you poured paint into and spun. They were a lot of fun to play with.



Another from when I was 8 or 9. My proportions are a bit off. Look at the short arms on that woman! I think I was copying from a photo.

2 comments:

  1. Wow Shelly, those are wonderful! They definitely show signs of an artistic child. The details, the colors...all are fab. My fave is the skating pic. :) Thanks so much for sharing these with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Chelly. I tried to study art, but then it became work, and for a lot of years, I hated drawing because of it. These days, I manage to indulge my creative urges, but mostly with photography, another early love.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting "I Miss My Childhood". Join in the fun and leave a comment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails