Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Halloween Night Candy


My dining table. Oh yeah, baby.

When you come right down to it, Halloween in childhood means nothing more than obtaining CANDY—glorious candy. Hard candy, soft candy, beige candy, bright candy, lollipops, cavity inducing and filling-yanking toffees, bubble gum for big-as-you-please bubbles, mini-Chiclets for hoarding, chocolate bars for attacking, bags of potato chips for crunching, licorice for twirling, Popeye cigarettes for pretending and oh so much more.

I always looked forward to those lovely Halloween Kisses. Granted they're not for every palette (I do believe the ones they made years ago were tastier than current versions) but it was bliss inspecting those lovely orange and black wrappers decorated with little witches while I battled the hard molasses/toffee with my teeth. Reese's Peanut Butter cups were another delight. One year, even the vomit that resulted from overeating those peanut buttery delicacies didn't deter me from approaching them yet again, hours later.

Halloween night candy. Could the memory ever get old? Not a chance.


Mmm, I spy pumpkin jellies and Bazooka pops!


If you pace yourself, you can attack a little bit of everything!


Behold: Halloween Kisses on my dining table.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting "I Miss My Childhood". Join in the fun and leave a comment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails