Thursday, January 21, 2010

Making A Splash

I found this verse out in the vast playground that is the internet. I felt a little ache as if my childhood had somehow lagged behind me just a little too far, so I stopped to let it catch up! :)

I'm stomping in a puddle,

making drops of water fly.

Splashing them,

splashing them
,

Splashing them so high!

I'm sending the raindrops

back into the sky...




Let's take a moment to remember the feeling...


Keeping in touch with childhood memories, keeps us believing in Life's simplest pleasures. Like a rainy afternoon, a swing set... And a giant puddle to play in.

Our lives shouldn't be about the puddles, they should be about the splash!

3 comments:

  1. I love it!

    I used to love splashing in puddles but rarely do it nowadays. Thanks for the reminder Jax. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw the little verse and it made me remember wearing goulashes to school, and of course the stomping in puddles whenever I found a good one!

    There was one particular puddle which would freeze in the winter (when it was cold enough), then I would pretend to skate on it--lol Even though it wasn't very big.

    That was my escape I guess :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh the frozen puddles were the best. Even though they were small, it didn't stop us from pretending we were on a pond. I love those little escapes. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting "I Miss My Childhood". Join in the fun and leave a comment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails