Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Hinterland Who's Who: The Woodchuck

In honour of our furry little friends across North America who yesterday predicted that winter would indeed continue for another six weeks, I've included a classic woodchuck related clip courtesy of Environment Canada below.



Hinterland Who's Who was a series of government sponsored public service vignettes from the 1960s and 1970s designed to educate the Canadian public about the country's wildlife. If you're familiar with this blog, then you may recall that woodchucks (or groundhogs) were popular in my childhood and thus, have a special place in my heart. This particular clip is a lovely introduction to that fabulous of creatures. The theme music transports me back to a simpler time in my life. Who knew a little vignette could conjure such emotion?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting "I Miss My Childhood". Join in the fun and leave a comment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails