Sunday, July 11, 2010

Lost Magic Of Summer

Although I tend to hate the heat of a Memphis Summer now, if I take a break from the noisy buzz of the daily adult grind, and take a deep breath, I can remember some of the magic that Summer could conjure up as a child.

Here are a few of the things that summer meant to me growing up in the south.

Catching Fireflies


Going Barefoot (ah my soul)!


Riding In Back Of The Old Pickup Truck


The Smell of Freshly Cut Grass!


Watermelon, and sometimes
biting off more than one could chew...


Oh Summer heat, still deliciously sweet if you can find just the right to look at it.

I Miss My Childhood,

Aunt Jackie

Want More "Summer Themed" Posts? Read On Friends!!!

7 comments:

  1. Nice memories. I liked the fresh cut grass and watermelon when I was a kid. I was afraid of fireflies though. My brother would catch them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post Jackie! It's a sweet list of memories - the pics compliment the post so nicely. I've always adored the South from afar. As a child, I always wanted to ride in the back of a pick up truck. :) Nothing beats the smell of fresh cut grass and enjoying watermelon on a summer's day.

    Thanks for sharing these with us J.

    PS: We've got more Summer-themed posts here: http://imissmychildhood.blogspot.com/search/label/Summer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys, yes wish we had a time machine and could go back and enjoy these childhood memories that are so sweet.

    We can daydream, and we can keep the magic going though, it's our duty!

    BTW: Chells I edited the post and added that link in case readers might like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jackie: I second that time machine idea. There are so many of those sweet memories that I'd like to go back and relive.

    PS: thanks for adding the link, much appreciated. You rock! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fire flies!! We used to try and catch these guys during summers in Colorado. Haven't seen em' for years though! Nice post!! Great memories!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, great thanks so much for stopping by and we love when visitors leave comments to let us know we brought back nice memories.

    Childhood, the magic lives on forever!!!

    Too lazy to switch accounts,

    Aunt Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you could stop by Darrin! Thanks for subscribing to our blog. Looking forward to reading your blog. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting "I Miss My Childhood". Join in the fun and leave a comment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails