Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Mickey Mouse Adventure in Outer Space

Published in 1968, Mickey Mouse Adventure in Outer Space (Big Little Book, issue #20) was 250 pages of sci-fi bliss, Walt Disney style.

























At $0.39, the diminutive book measuring 3.5 x 4.75 inches, was a steal. Contained in those delicious smelling newsprint pages was a priceless story that resulted in many episodes of exploding imagination and daydreams. Any tale featuring telescopes, lemonade and spaceships could be nothing else but magical. One could easily jump into the shoes of the two bumbling heroes, Mickey Mouse and Goofy, whose humdrum lives were thrust into unearthly realms. A tale I would revisit time and again. Even in adulthood.

From the back cover:

"When Goofy vanishes overnight, Mickey sets out to solve the puzzle.
But before he can rescue his friend, Mickey is captured by his
longtime enemy, Black Pete!"

6 comments:

  1. Yup the Mousecteers of Disney. Micky, Donald and Goofy.
    I have the statuets sitting on my dresser only Goofy is missing, ironically. ;)

    Still manage to have a few Micky stories around like a comic book or two oh and that old Disco Micky mouse album and that patriotic forth of July Yanky Doodle album.
    Its just too bad I don't have a working record player any more.
    Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have a working record player either. I always wanted that Disco Mickey Album as a kid! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's too bad. Did you get a copy later on?
    If not I'm sure you can listen to it some place in Youtube. Then again I could make you a copy when every I get a working turntable and or some alternative. Maybe in the mean time did you want a scan of each of my Mickey albums for old time's sake?
    Just let me know. :)
    I'm happy to share.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh one more thing I forgot to put in. Here's a link to some fun Disney radio streams in case your interested.
    They basically play stuff like theme park ambiance, news and other fun things. Check it out.

    http://www.subsonicradio.com/
    http://www.uabmagic.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. K_tigress you are such a sweetie! Thank you so much for your kindness. You sure can scan in those album covers and I'll post them up and link back to your site. If you want you are welcome to be a regular contributor here and post your childhood memories whenever you'd like. Let me know! :) Cheers!

    email: imissmychildhoodATgmailDOTcom

    ReplyDelete
  6. K_tigress: Aw thanks so much for the links. I'm looking forward to them! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting "I Miss My Childhood". Join in the fun and leave a comment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails