Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Mickey Mouse Disco

K_Tigress (also known as Tina) is an illustrator, a childhood enthusiast as well as a regular reader/commenter at I Miss My Childhood and an all round lovely gal who scanned in a couple of album covers from her childhood music collection for us to enjoy.

The images are from two Disney classics: Mickey Mouse Disco (1979) and Yankee Doodle Mickey (1980). I was well acquainted with the Disco album as a kid: it could often be heard blaring in the hallways of my apartment building as my cousins and assorted neighbours owned and enjoyed the album. My brother and I never had a copy of our own (a fact that delighted our somewhat snobbish cousins who lived upstairs) but we delighted in the opportunity to even hear these hopping melodies.


You can find many of the songs on these albums on YouTube. Macho Duck, I do believe was my favourite (it drove me into fits of joy as a child). Thanks for the memories K_Tigress!



10 comments:

  1. Glad you like them.
    I'm always happy to share.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet of you! Thanks again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had MICKEY MOUSE DISCO as a kid and loved it. I just recently purchased it on CD so i could listen to it again. I still got the LP - but no record player

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Bylli, so cool that you still have the album. I have a lot of old LPs but no record player either! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also have the Picture Disc LP. Never played it, just bought for memories. lol. I know, Crazy right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. No not crazy at all. It's fantastic! You're a collector and that's cool. There are so many items from childhood that I wish I kept (instead of giving away or throwing away). Hindsight and all that...But I do love looking for them online and seeing if they are available for purchase. It's the little things right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. As I became a teenager, I started collecting lots of records. I was and am still a huge fan of 80s music. But in 1991 when I moved to Miami from Boston I had to leave all my records behind. but in 1996 I moved back to Boston and through ebay and amazon I have been able to rebuild my music collection. Still not as big as it was in the 80s, but i got about 10 crates of records now. And get this... about 70% of them are autographed. Yeah, I stepped into the music industry and became friends with many of the artists i loved growing up in the 80s.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bylli: holy, that's fantastic on all accounts!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a Blog account too. Its also my official website. Check it out http://www.BylliCrayone.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much. Great site! I just followed (thanks for following too). Cheers.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting "I Miss My Childhood". Join in the fun and leave a comment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails