Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Helping Grown-Ups Believe Again

“Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again.”
- C.S. Lewis
 

In a piece for NPR, writer Signe Pike discusses how stories and books can help grown-ups set out on a magical journey:

"We forget that beyond the commercialized holiday creatures lie the historical legends that bore them, and it's within these very human tales that true enchantment lives. When we re-engage with our stories, folklore and legends, we reconnect with something we didn't even know we've left behind: the magic of belief."

Click on the link above to discover the author's recommended reads.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah if only adults didn't become so much like a dull brick.

    I once heard a person working at a Mc Donald's comment after I bought an ice cream cone, " more people should have an ice cream cone every once in a while and then maybe there would be more happy people in the world" or something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dull brick is right. I love that quote you overheard! I'm always happy when I have an ice cream cone. Especially mint chocolate chip!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting "I Miss My Childhood". Join in the fun and leave a comment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails