Monday, November 29, 2010

Space Traveller

credit: Douglas H. Wheelock, NASA (enlarge image)















Reflections on childhood dreams of space from NASA Astronaut Douglas H. Wheelock who spent the past six months aboard the International Space Station (STS-120, Expedition 24/25). The quote is via his Twitter account and also documented on a space blog entitled Fragile Oasis:

"On this sacred night, when the aurora looked like rain, I reflected back on my childhood dreams of flying a spaceship through the infinite expanse of space... to be among the mosaic of billions of stars, and visit other worlds. Now as I look from space at our planet I realize that had I been born and spent my childhood here in space... how much greater and more vivid my dreams would have been to visit this blue planet."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting "I Miss My Childhood". Join in the fun and leave a comment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails