Thursday, December 02, 2010

Respite




















The little girl in the image above wears her hair very much like I did as a child. In fact, I feel as though I should investigate some of our childhood photo albums, to see if anything's missing. She seems to be dreaming of that pretty doll up front. There's an air of peace and confidence about her. That doll is hers and she knows it. Peering through shop windows and spotting a magnificent toy - what fun! In the days preceding Christmas, I could often be found religiously studying the Sears Christmas Wish Book, folding over pages that required special attention. The image of the little girl reminds me of what it was like to be little, wide-eyed and utterly overwhelmed that in our cynical world, there was a season where daydreams, hopes and imagination ruled. A wonderful respite, indeed. Bring on the holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting "I Miss My Childhood". Join in the fun and leave a comment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails