Wednesday, March 23, 2011

R.I.P Liz

























Elizabeth Taylor, February 27, 1932 – March 23, 2011

When you think back on your childhood conceptualization of Hollywood and all that it entailed, most surely the name Elizabeth Taylor would have a place enshrined within your memory. My earliest memories of her are the black and white glimpses that films of the golden age provided. Over the years Dame Elizabeth became more than just the glamorous lady with legions of ex-husbands, perfume lines and intriguing social circles. She became the compassionate activist who fought for causes and people that were all but shunned in society. We're blessed to have lived during such a time where such a lady existed.

2 comments:

  1. She is so beautiful in many ways, on the inside and out.I saved the newspaper article about her for my mom - she's one of her favourite actresses. I've only seen her in a couple of movies, Lassie and Giant but I plan on watching some more of them in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely comment LaraAnn. Getting acquainted with her many films sounds good to me too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting "I Miss My Childhood". Join in the fun and leave a comment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails