Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Roald Dahl Day

Roald Dahl
"Roald Dahl" by serenebean, on Flickr































“There is no substitute for books in the life of a child.”


Happy Roald Dahl Day! Every year on September 13 (the date of the British author's birth) fans the world over commemorate the storyteller's work and legacy. This year marks a special occasion indeed: the 50th anniversary of the author's beloved children's tale, James and the Giant Peach (1961). As a treat, read a chapter from the book!

2 comments:

  1. for what ever reason these never featured in my childhood... but to my kids they were fantastic. We read loads of them to them when they were younger... BFG, The Twits was a big favourite with my daughter I remember... Fantastic Mr Fox... etc. Great memories

    ReplyDelete
  2. My aunt and uncle got me a box set that had both the Charlie books, Fantastic Mr. Fox and I think that it might've had the James one also although I never did read it. I'm pretty sure that I still have Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and Fantastic Mr. Fox which was my favourite from this set.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting "I Miss My Childhood". Join in the fun and leave a comment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails