Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The Schoolmaster's Journey

























Oh dear Ichabod, you're really going to have to rethink that route home. Traveling through a haunted hollow at the very witching hour of night—probably not the best of ideas. Just saying.

Always a Halloween treat: watch Ichabod's harrowing journey à la Disney here or find links to the text of Washington Irving's original tale and also revisit clips of the 1980 Jeff Goldblum film version here. Also many thanks to Lara for reminding me to revisit Scooby Doo's take on Irving's old tale.



3 comments:

  1. I haven't seen this cartoon in so many years. I always enjoyed this story. Wasn't there a Scooby Doo episode with the headless horseman?
    I'm not trusting my memory these days. I can't believe that Halloween is almost here. Have a happy one - I know how much you love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes there was a Scooby Doo episode with the headless horseman! Thanks for reminding me Lara! :) Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bd7VrG-pnJo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I apologize for the overload of comments, but everything I read triggers a memory. I loved the Disney Halloween specials and they always ended with the final scenes from Ichabod Crane and the Headless Horseman.

    I always coveted the Scooby Doo lunch box featuring the Headless Horseman chasing Shaggy and Scoob. I never had it as a child, but I bought it on eBay some years back.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting "I Miss My Childhood". Join in the fun and leave a comment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails