Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Wonder Books: The Wizard of Oz

The Wizard of Oz (1951) by L. Frank Baum adapted, abridged and published by Wonder Books was an obscure publication of a timeless tale and a beloved fixture in my childhood home. With most books or other such treasured relics from childhood, I carried it everywhere I went, so as to to take its magic and inspiration with me. From cover to cover the illustrations by Tom Sinnickson were glorious and inviting. Wonder Books had that special quality that Little Golden Books had. In fact, I thought they were one and the same for many years. It's not hard to see why: both are beautifully illustrated and abridged hard covered storybooks for children. A memory and moment in time that I have not forgotten. The images below are via eBay.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting "I Miss My Childhood". Join in the fun and leave a comment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails