Monday, May 21, 2012

RIP Robin Gibb

"We simply enjoyed the passion of making music. We never thought about the material things it could bring us. You went into the studio and it was like a big toy shop."—Robin Gibb
 

A part of me will always have the sounds of the 70s and the 80s playing in the background. Like a dream, they come into consciousness and then quietly slip away, noticed and unnoticed. There's both a familiarity and mystery to them. A warmth and a heartache, also. There's a soundtrack to every childhood. A musical blueprint of a journey. And when an artist whose voice somehow intertwines with your life, their passing comes with more than a touch of sadness. Here's to a great talent and that iconic sound that will always remind me of those early days. RIP Robin Gibb.




4 comments:

  1. first thing I heard this morning as my radio alarm pinged on at the start of the 6am news.

    My wife said "oh that is sad"... she was quite a Bee Gees fan - not a family that has fared luckily in life, very successful but a lot of family tragedy behind it all

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was reading their family history. Very sad indeed.

      Delete
  2. Its sad to find people who were so well known during our own youths having passed away. I guess its a sign of time passing. RIP Robin and Maurice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The passage of time does hit hard after hearing such sad news. Gone too soon. RIP.

      Delete

Thank you for visiting "I Miss My Childhood". Join in the fun and leave a comment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails