Tuesday, October 09, 2012

Porky Pig in Notes To You



Apart from hibernating cartoon bears, no other animated creature evokes the envy, joy and downright sleepiness I feel, as when Porky Pig tucks into his cozy bed at night. He is the definition of exhausted, heavy-lidded slumber. Just thinking about his coos and gentle snores makes me sleepy. It's the kind of sleep, that insomniacs dream of. Not that Porky Pig always had a sound night as the clip below, circa 1941 shows but hey it still makes me long for some shuteye. What better way to be startled awake than to have a cat outside your window singing "When Irish Eyes are Smiling"? None better.

2 comments:

  1. Haha--thanks for the chuckle, Chelly! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Doug! This is one of my favorite Looney Tunes clips. :)

      Delete

Thank you for visiting "I Miss My Childhood". Join in the fun and leave a comment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails