Monday, October 29, 2012

The Legend of Sleepy Hollow (1980)



A humorous made for TV take on Irving Washington's classic tale circa 1980 starred Jeff Goldblum as Ichabod Crane and Dick Butkus as Brom Bones (with John Silvester White a.k.a "Mr. Woodman" from Welcome Back Kotter as a chap called "Vanderhoof"). The casting alone should tell you all you need to know. This is definitely not the Johnny Depp version of Sleepy Hollow but it's a charming one. There's a Little House on the Prairie vibe to the piece as well: one almost expects to see Laura and Nellie running through the fields in search of the mysterious horseman. The entire film is posted on YouTube. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Humm I don't think I remember this one.
    But back then I was only in kindergarten.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this version of Sleepy Hollow when I was a kid. It was my first exposure to Jeff Goldblum and he played Ichabod to a tee. I also thought Meg Foster was pretty hot as Katrina Van Tassel. Her eyes were mesmerizing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting "I Miss My Childhood". Join in the fun and leave a comment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails